Privacy statement: AV1 Companion app
This policy describes how we collect and process personal data about our users of the AV1 Companion app. All references to “we” and “us” refer to the Norwegian company No Isolation AS and its subsidiaries located in the European Union/European Economic Area.
No Isolation AS is the data controller for the AV1 Companion app.
Types of personal data
In the app we collect the following personal data:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Role (e.g. teacher, IT-personnel, parent)
We also collect:
- Robot’s wifi information
- Nickname of the AV1 user
All information is added by you in the app, and we don’t collect data from other sources. The processing of your personal data is necessary to deliver the AV1 Companion app to you. Accordingly, the legal processing basis is fulfillment of a service requested by you.
Your personal data is deleted permanently when the customer relationship related to the robot is ended. See “Your rights” for information about how you can delete the information when the relationship is still active.
We use the information for the following purposes:
- Your name and role are used so others can identify you, and is visible for our support team, the child using AV1, and other AV1 Companion users connected to the same robot.
- The email address and phone number are used by our support team to contact you if needed and to send you important information. Your phone number is also used to log into the app.
- One of the main purposes of the app is to help users connect their robot to wifi, and we, therefore, need this information.
- The nickname of the user is used to distinguish between different robots and is only visible for you.
We use the following subprocessors:
- Twilio Inc. for sending SMS
- Amazon Web Services Inc. for cloud-based server hosting.
- Mongo DB Inc. for data storage.
- Functional Software Inc. (Sentry) for logging errors/events.
- Wildbit llc. (Postmark) for sending emails
- Zendesk, Inc for support.
We use the following sub-processors outside the EU/ EEA:
- Twilio Inc. Processing takes place in the US. The legal basis for this transfer is Privacy Shield, under which the sub-processor is certified
- Amazon Web Services Inc. Processing takes place in EU/EEA.
- Mongo DB Inc. Processing takes place in EU/EEA and the sub-processor is certified under the Privacy Shield Framework.
- Functional Software Inc. (Sentry). Processing takes place in the US. The legal basis for this transfer is Privacy Shield, under which the sub-processor is certified.
- Wildbit llc. (Postmark) Processing takes place in the US. The legal basis for this transfer is privacy shield, under which the sub-processor is certified.
- Zendesk, Inc. Processing takes place in EU/EEA and the sub-processor is certified under the Privacy Shield Framework.
The personal data you provide us is not disclosed to any other third parties.
- Access to data: You can see an overview of the data stored in the app.
- Correction of data: You can update your personal information in the app.
- Deletion of data: You can delete your profile and your personal information by choosing “delete profile” in the app or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact and complaints
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, about how No Isolation AS handles your personal data, or if you want to send a complaint you can contact us at email@example.com or call us at +47 908 74 495.
You can also send your complaint directly to the local data protection authority. Check your local data protection authority’s webpage for information about this.