You might be here because someone has invited you to the Komp app. To get started and connect to Komp, you have to download the app for either iOS or Android.
After you have downloaded the app, follow the steps below to connect to get started with Komp:
- Open the app and press Create User
- You will be prompted to add a keyword. You will find the keyword in the SMS. Is the keyword not working? Click here to find out what you can do
- Give the Komp a nickname and create your personal profile
- Invite new family members by tapping the Settings icon in the top right corner > Users > Invite others
Users are invited by phone number, as they will receive a unique keyword so they can connect to Komp.
The Komp app is your gateway to access the Komp device.
The app lets you send photos, messages and make video calls. You may also change language preferences, time zone and add widgets like Weather.
The feed displays all photos and messages sent by the family. You will only see content that is also visible on the Komp device.
The content on the Komp device will be displayed in a continuous loop until it expires.
Sending photos and messages
You can send photos and messages by tapping Add. After you have uploaded your photo or composed your message you will have the possibility to review the content and set a duration.
You can add text on photos. The text can be positioned in any corner. The photo will first be displayed with text, and then without text on the device. Therefore, it does not matter if the text covers part of the photo.
You can select a message to private, which means that they will not appear in other family members' feed, but will still appear on the Komp.
Tap Conversation to video call a Komp. Please note that the Komp must be online and switched on.
The video call will automatically connect after 10 seconds, unless the user switches Komp off on the device.
Settings and widgets
Tap the Settings-icon to go to settings.
Here you can:
- Add WiFi-networks
- Invite family members
- Activate widgets like Weather
- Access our support pages
- See information about the Komp (software version etc.)